As-salamuaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,
I began this blog to serve as a reminder for me and the Muslims, and to provide tips and advice on hifdh, or memorizing the Quran. I was inspired by blogs like alMuqarraboon and Fajr Blog to make a blog of my own. Inshallah, I pray that it will be a source of benefit for all readers and that it increases us in Iman. This blog will include many things, among them tips on memorizing and revising quran, reflections on verses, and other things to come inshallah.Please leave comments on how I can fix this developing website and make it better in the days to come.
Jazaakum Allaahu Khayran 🙂
This page will provide a series of posts on tips for memorizing Quran, revising, and general advice on Quran.
Hifdh Post #1- Why is memorizing the Quran so hard for me?
Since this is my first post for my hifdh posts, I decided to start with a topic that we can share on common ground. A common complaint that we hear nowadays is” why is the Quran so hard for me to memorize”, or “why did Allah(SWT) make the Quran so hard”? The answer is simple. He didn’t make it hard. In fact, Allah mentions in Surah Qamar, Verse 17, “And We have certainly made the Qur’an easy for remembrance, so is there any who will remember?” If this verse isn’t clear, then keep reading the Surah, because it doensn’t end there. It doesn’t mention the Quran being easy only once, but mentions it 4 times in the same Surah! So, our excuse is not based on the Quran being made hard to memorize, but something else. We might just be too lazy, or not willing to do it. In changing this attitude, with a little Dua and hard work, the Quran will be made easy for us and will stay firm in our hearts, inshallah.
An example of a student and young teacher helping each other in the Quran
Hifdh Post # 2- The Importance of finding a teacher for Quran
Salaamu Alaykum brothers and sisters. Welcome to another hifdh post. Inshallah, in this post, we will mention the importance of finding a teacher before even trying to learn the Holy Quran. Now, in the previous HP(Hifdh Post), we mentioned the basic complaint of many students of Quran. Now, we must identify a solution, and how we can learn the Quran step by step. Now, we’ll start off with a basic story. Our beloved Prophet (SAW) mentions in a hadith known as “Hadith Jibril” which can be found in many hadith books, that he was sitting amongst the Sahaba. Jibril (AS) came in the form of a man, and the hadith goes on with Jibril questioning the Prophet (SAW) on faith and other things. My point that I’m getting at is that at the end of the hadith, the Prophet tells the Sahaba that the man who they didn’t know who came in to the Masjid was actually Jibril! Not only that, but this would soon become the Prophet (SAW)’s first teacher. You see, the importance of finding a teacher for Quran is that it teaches discipline, respect, and creates a bond between the teacher and the student. But finding just any teacher won’t do for hifdh. You need someone with some of the following characteristics-
- Creates friendships with other students
And much more. Inshallah, stay tuned for the next HP.
Hifdh Post #3- Tips and methods for memorizing the Quran
Welcome to today’s HP. Today, we will discuss some basic tips on memorizing Quran, in a list.
- Make your intention solely for Allah (SWT) and not for worldly/material gain
- Begin your lesson either 30-40 minutes before Fajr,(I know it’s hard:)) or right after Salat Fajr
- Use one mushaf- now, look closely at your mushaf and repeat the first ayat between 10-20 times- Whatever suits you
- Now, after you read about 7 or 8 lines, read those ayats together 10-20X
- Repeat for the other half page
- Connect the page by reading the whole page 20X
- Inshallah, the page should be solid after this method
Hope this post helps,
HP- 10/18/14- Salaamu Alaykum viewers,
welcome to another hifdh post. In this HP, we will feature the importance of reciting the Holy Quran with tajweed. Now, tajweed means in a general sense the proper and correct pronunciation of the huruf, or letters in the Quran. Now, I will list some basic importances of learning Tajweed.
- Allah (SWT) mentions in his Quran,” …And recite the Quran with measured recitation.” [Quran 73:4]
- This is an obligation upon every Muslim and Muslimah!
- Tajweed was the ways the Quran was revealed on out Prophet(SAW) from Jibril(AS)
- Let us remember the words of the great Tajweed master, Ibn Jazari when he says- “And applying Tajweed is an issue of absolute necessity, Whoever doesn’t apply Tajweed to the Qur’an, then a sinner is he!”
- Not reading with proper tajweed can completely utter the meaning of the actual Quran!
- Finally, tajweed is an example of beautifying the blessed Quran, and “whoever doesn’t recite beautifully isn’t from us” as the Prophet said.